Because there is so much to discuss in Silko’s new book, we suggest the following questions to spark discussion about selected chapters in The Turquoise Ledge and to relate that discussion to the book as a whole:
- What is/are the theme(s) of this chapter?
- How do the topics of the chapter relate to the title of the part in which it appears?
- How do the inter-related themes of walking, animals, and landscape manifest as you read?
- How does the chapter relate to the title and/or to the book as a whole?
- What characteristics of Silko's writing do you see carried from Ceremony to The Turquoise Ledge?
- What insights do you gain into Silko's politics and poetics from this chapter?
May 11, 2011